TXDHC Training Webcast: Materials
Joining our TXDHC training webcast tomorrow? As a reminder: we’ll be meeting via join.me beginning at 11:00 am and going until 12:30pm CST. Below are some materials for the training webcast.
Recommended: To join us for the meeting, download the app at join.me (https://www.join.me/apps) and enter in the meeting code: 118-028-347. To hear audio in the app, click the phone icon, and “call by computer.”
You may also join via the join.me website by entering in the meeting code (118-028-347), but you must call into one of the join.me conference lines to hear the audio for the meeting. We very much recommend using the desktop app.
Now Posted: the webinar video is up on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJHd9n5xcLw)!
DISCLAIMER: This video has some of the same audio problems as the live webcast, but we wanted to get you a version as quickly as possible. *We will be posting* a version with some re-recorded audio this coming Monday (2/16/2015).
- We’ve uploaded the slides for the webinar to slideshare, in case anyone would like to follow along during the webcast: http://www.slideshare.net/egrumbac/txdhc-openrefine-webcast
- We recommend installing OpenRefine, if you’d like to walk through the live demo with us: http://openrefine.org/download.html
- Problems installing on a Mac? Try this solution: https://github.com/OpenRefine/OpenRefine/issues/590
- We recommend downloading the dataset we’ll use for our walkthrough (although you could use any dataset you wish and experiment during the demo). To download that dataset, click here: http://idhmc.tamu.edu/chat/openrefine/bnbrdf.rdf
- Thank you to the British Library data services for the use of this open dataset from the British National Bibliography.
For those joining us
- When convenient, we’d love to hear from you! Take our (short, but sweet) survey on this TXDHC webcast, so we know what worked and what didn’t for our next training session: http://bit.ly/1uGPd0f