CFP for TxDHC 2015 is Now Open
Early Registration Deadline extended to March 26
The second annual Texas Digital Humanities Conference
https://conferences.tdl.org/uta/index.php/txdhc/txdhc2015/about, cosponsored by the UT Arlington College of Liberal Arts; the UTA Libraries; and the UTA Departments of English, History, Linguistics, and Art and Art History, welcomes submissions for twenty-minute individual papers and poster presentations for a conference on work in the Digital Humanities. This conference encourages submissions from a broad spectrum of communities: university and K-12 educators, graduate students, and undergrads; museum and archives professionals; library professionals; and independent scholars.
The conference will begin with a keynote address on the evening of Thursday, April 9, and will conclude with a hackfest on the afternoon of Saturday, April 11.
Alan Liu, Professor of English, University of California, Santa Barbara
Adeline Koh, Director, DH@Stockton, Associate Professor of Literature, Richard Stockton College
George Siemens, Executive Director of the Learning Innovation and Networked Knowledge Research Lab at University of Texas
We welcome oral presentation and poster session submissions on any topic relevant to digital humanities. Possible topics include (but are not limited to)
* Digital humanities in the classroom: K-12 or higher ed
* Funding digital humanities at your institution
* Sourcing DH projects: how & where to find what/whom you need to do your DH project
* GIS and humanities
* Starting and sustaining a DH lab space
* Locating the edge of digital in broaders ways that impact humanities
* Current DH projects in different humanities disciplines
* Interdisciplinary DH: pitfall or career boost?
- $25.00 for students
- $50.00 for non-students for registration received before March 26th, 2015
- $60.00 for non-students for registration received after March 27th, 2015